RM 96 developed by VU2RM is still the economical and the best SSB transceiver you can homebrew.
The best things that makes popular this simple SSB transceiver is :
1. Uses Low priced components available in Indian market.
2. Uses simple and Low cost mechanical devices for the Tuning system, dial etc
3. Simple circuitry with acceptable performance.
4. Minimum controls on the front panel.
5. To work on 12 V battery and mains power pack.
6. With slight change in coils and so it can be modified to work in any HF bands
The PCB design is given below.The dimension of the PCB is (18.8cm*13.43 cm)